Keto Turmeric and Coconut Cauliflower Soup
Here is a deliciously warming Keto Turmeric and Coconut Cauliflower Soup with pomegranate, pistachio and nigella seeds. A delicious, fragrant and nutrient-dense anti-inflammatory recipe that is nourishing, low carb and will promote healing in the body from inflammation.
💛 Turmeric contains the active compound, curcumin, which is a powerful antioxidant and natural anti-inflammatory. It can promote skin health and it protects the body from oxidative stress. It can be an excellent remedy for headaches, swelling and joint pain.
💛 Coconut is rich in healthy fats for your brain and energy levels. It is also rich in vitamin B, fibre and magnesium. It contains lauric acid which can boost your immune system due to its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. Coconut Oil is a saturated fat making it perfect for cooking.
💛 Cauliflower is high in fibre which is important because fibre feeds your healthy gut bacteria, can help reduce inflammation and aid digestive health too. It is an excellent source of nutrients and antioxidants also which is beneficial for your overall health. Cauliflower is an excellent low carb substitute for rice, fries and potato.
Keto Turmeric and Coconut Cauliflower Soup Ingredients (for 2):
* 1 large head cauliflower, chopped into florets
* 2 tbsps turmeric ghee
* 4 spring onions, green only, finely sliced
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 2 tsps ginger, grated
* 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
* 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
* 1 tsp ground cumin
* 1tsp garam masala
* 1 tsp turmeric
* Seeds from 6 cardamom pods
* 6 cloves, crushed
* 1tsp coriander seeds
* 400g coconut cream
* 400g vegetable broth
Keto Turmeric and Coconut Cauliflower Soup Method:
1. In a large pan warm the turmeric ghee on a low-medium heat
2. Add the spring onions, garlic, ginger and chillis and stir to combine cooking for 3-5 mins until the spring onions soften
3. Add the cumin, garam masala, turmeric, cardamom pods, cloves and coriander seeds and stir to combine cooking for 3 mins until the aroma starts to fill the room
4. Add the cauliflower florets and stir to combine
5. Add the vegetable broth, stir to combine, add a lid to the pan and simmer for 30 mins
6. After this time the cauliflower will be lovely and soft. Add the coconut cream along with the lime juice and stir. At this point you could break up the cauliflower florets with a wooden spoon to make it easier to blend, reserving a few florets to garnish.
7. Transfer in batches to a blender and blend until smooth
8. Garnish with pomegranate, crushed pistachios, reserved cauliflower and extra lime. Add a sprinkle of nigella seeds, fresh coriander and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Enjoy your Keto Turmeric and Coconut Cauliflower Soup!
Head over to our Instagram channel to see the reels on how to make the recipe. Recipe and images created by Vinita Brand for Keto Supplements Ltd.