Nothing warms you like a spicy, heart warming curry. With a true love of seafood, Indian flavours (I am half-Pakistani after all!) and creamy coconut, this authentic recipe is divine. Get ready for some chilli fire, sumptious coconut and tender, crumbling fish.
Warm Up with a Curry
I literally just made this dish after a rainy, chilly March day and there was simply no way I couldn’t share it with you.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Keto Fish Curry Recipe
4 fillets of white fish, thickly diced (I used monk fish tail and haddock fillets. You can use your preferred white fish for the recipe).
200g organic spinach leaves
4 cloves of garlic
2 inches of fresh ginger, sliced finely
3 tbsp of ghee (or your preferred cooking fat)
200ml of Coconut Milk
Grated Head of Cauliflower OR pre-bought cauliflower Rice
100g yoghurt for serving
1 tbsp of fresh green chilli to garnish (optional)
juice of 1 lime or lemon to garnish
Fresh coriander leaves to garnish
Extra MCT oil or avocado oil for serving
For the curry powder:
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tbsp crushed fenugreek leaves
1/2 tbsp coriander
1/2 tsp himalayan, celtic or volcanic salt
1/2 tbsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp of cardamoms
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp of Bouillon or Kallo (gluten free vegetable stock powder)
- Set a pan to medium heat, add the ghee and warm.
- Slice the onions, garlic and ginger and fry on medium heat, stirring regularly fo 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix all the curry powder ingredients in a bowl and cover the diced fish fillets with the curry mix.
- Once the onions have browned and softened, increase the heat on the pan to medium high and place the fish on the pan and allow to sizzle for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- While the fish is cooking, warm the grated cauliflower rice in another pan on low-medium heat with ghee and a tablespoon of water.
- Pour the coconut cream into the pan with the fish, stir very gently.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low on the keto fish curry and add in the spinach leaves, cover and wait 2 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower rice has warmed through, serve the fish curry on beds of cauliflower rice with a dollop of yoghurt and garnish with green chili, lime juice, extra mct oil and freshly chopped coriander leaves. Mmmm…delicious!
Let me know what you think if you try the recipe…be prepared for the heat!