Roast Paprika Chicken, Your Keto Chicken Recipe
With this Keto Chicken Recipe, the chilli kick of the paprika combined with the earthy warmth of the cumin creates a richly aromatic, heart-warming meal that will take your imagination to clear Mediterranean seas and your tummy to a very full and satisfied place! Perfect for autumn and winter evenings; this dinner makes for a delectable roast lunch too!
- whole chicken (free range and organic if possible)
- 2 aubergines
- 2 courgettes
- Preheat the oven to 185°. In a bowl, combine all of the marinade ingredients.
- Once mixed, spoon in the marinade inside the skin of the chicken and baste on top of the skin too. Place in the centre of the oven and bake for 80 minutes.
- Once the chicken is in the oven, wash and slice the courgette, aubergine and onion. Place on a baking tray and drip coconut oil, ghee or butter onto them, you may need to warm the fat beforehand.
- Then dust with cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper. Once the chicken has been in the oven for 45 minutes, place the courgette and aubergine in the oven. After 35 minutes, take the chicken and vegetables out of the oven, serve and enjoy this delicious keto dinner!
Cumin is a soothing digestive aid that has magical properties (almost)! It boosts immunity, fights viral infections and helps remove toxins in the body. It is also anecdotally known to be a gentle nootropic as it can boost cognitive performance, relieve stress and alleviate insomnia. Cumin is high in Thiamin, Vitamin A and Niacin and contains high quantities of iron, manganese and calcium.
Have a look at our Keto Recipe Guides for even more inspiration.