Low Carb Tomato Soup, A simple, delicious classic!
1 medium onion
2 celery stick
1 tbsp of tomato puree
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp vegetable stock, bouillon and kallo are gluten free
½ tbsp mixed herbs
2 tbsp of butter for frying
100ml double cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh basil leaves for garnishing
2. Set a deep pan or large casserole dish on a medium-high heat hob and melt the butter.
3. Once the butter is sizzling, add the vegetables and fry for 10 minutes, occasionally stirring. Cook until the vegetables have softened and don’t let them stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. Boil at least a litre of boiling water.
5. Then squeeze in the tomato puree, stir in the apple cider vinegar, the salt and pepper and the mixed herbs.
6. Carefully pour the hot water into the pan, add the stock, lower the heat and simmer for 25 minutes, occasionally stirring.
7. After 25 minutes, turn off the heat and allow the soup to cool slighty.
8. Stir in the cream and blend with a stick blender until smooth. If you only have a juicer blender, ensure that the soup has cooled properly before blending as plastic and glass blenders are not designed to blend extremely hot food and drink—they can explode!
9. Distribute the soup evenly in four bowls. Tear the basil leaves over each bowl and serve.
If you want to make the soup even more nourishing, use bone broth in place of the hot water. Double up on the ingredients and store your soup in the fridge or freezer to save time.
Check out more low carb and ketogenic recipes here. Share us your Low Carb Tomato Soup creations by tagging us in instagram at @ketosupplements.