The Flu Guide: 5 Ways to Boost Your Immunity
Let’s face it, we are experiencing a global frenzy right now.
Here are five tips to increase your immunity and help you to avoid catching any nasties…COVID-19.
1. Get adequate, quality sleep. Without good sleep our bodies fail to recover, making us more susceptible to illness and infections.
2. Consume more foods that contain immune boosting properties and antioxidants, such as: Blueberries, Cacao, Turmeric, Fish Oil, Broccoli, Sweet potatoes, Spinach and Ginger.
3. Mindset. Don’t live in fear…what we think about, we attract. Thoughts become things…so relax!
4. Try the Wim Hof breathing method to increase your body’s alkalinity and ability to fight infection.
5. Combine all of the above! Why not use the ingredients in point two to make an immunity boosting smoothie?
Get your immunity switched on!
FOOD & SUPPLEMENTS to Boost your Immunity
In instances where you have nutritional deficiencies, these vitamins can help support immunity: Vitamin D, zinc, iron and vitamin A.
We generate vitamin D from exposure to sunlight…which is near on impossible at this time of the year! An alternative is to consume high quality vitamin D, fish oil, eat more fatty fish and seaweed. So, you can safely hit that sushi bar!
Vitamin C is an antioxidant which supports our ability to produce glutathione, the ultimate antioxidant for fighting off illness and infections. Blueberries, green vegetables, cauliflower, bell peppers, tomatoes, strawberries and sweet potatoes contain high amounts of vitamin c and vitamin a. Have a look at our recipes that include many of these ingredients.
RELAX and ACTIVATE your Endocannabinoid system.
The mushroom extract Chaga boosts immunity and resilience to stress and CDB helps you to relax. When we are stressed out we are more likely to get ill, so safeguard your mental and physical health. Learn about the endocannabinoid system over at LIV NRG on our interview with Dr Steve Ottersberg.
All the Pillars of Health
The optimum way to protect yourself from illness, disease and burnout is to balance all the pillars of health. These include ensuring high quality sleep, a nutrient rich diet, regular exercise and movement, proper stress management and recovery, reduced toxin consumptions (such as alcohol, cigarettes and environmental toxins) and a positive mindset.
A fully functioning immune system is a reflection of the total state of the health of your body. So, whether there is a pandemic or not, your health should be a priority.
In summary, indulge in a pescatarian diet laden with blueberries, turmeric and sweet potatoes, washed down with a hot cup of chaga coffee, while doing some Wim Hof breathing…You’ll be Golden!
Adaptogens and supplements to boost your immunity
Share your immunity optimising tactics below.