Learn How to Optimise your Focus and Productivity by following these 5 strategies.
Improve your Productivity Working from Home
During this challenging time, many of you will now be working from home. Without being fully connected to your colleagues and management team, how can you stay on top of your agenda?
Here are our top 5 tips for optimising your productivity:
Differentiate between 'Busy' and 'Effective'
1. Are you aware of the difference between being ‘busy’ and being ‘effective’? Think about the tasks that you do during the day. Which ones make you look and feel busy and which ones contribute to you actually achieving a goal? Far too much time is spent on paperwork, e-mails and random internet browsing. Focus on the important, but not urgent tasks, rather than the urgent, non-important tasks.
2. Prioritise: Each day aim to work on one priority large task, even if it is just one thing, let it be the focus of at least 1-2hrs of your time.
3. Apply Time Blocking to improve your productivity when working from home. This involves scheduling and planning your tasks the evening before so that the following day you know exactly on what—and when—you need to be working. Break the day into 15-30 minute slots and be disciplined about sticking to your schedule. You will be amazed by how much you can achieve!
4. Track your social media usage! Use the activity tracking app on your phone so that you are aware of how much time you are wasting on social media…then limit your time browsing other people’s feeds.
Create an environment conducive for working.
5. Create an environment conducive for working. Set up your workspace in a tidy, organised ‘working’ environment and get dressed…this helps to get into the ‘work’ mindset and avoid working from bed!
If you follow the above 5 steps you can improve your productivity working from home, you will be aware of you are using your time and how you can maximise your productivity. Your colleagues will be impressed!
Optimise even more by following a ketogenic diet for focus.
Let us know how you stay disciplined and productive at home in the comments below!