Uplifting Asian Keto Noodles with Fried Ginger, Fermented Tofu, Baby Kale and Avocado
An easy and delicious vegan and dairy free keto recipe for you. It’s a perfect way to celebrate delicately fiery far eastern flavours and enjoy noodles without the carbs. It only takes about 15 minutes to make, including prep time and makes a delicious lunch too. This is your keto noodle recipe and you can easily add meat by swapping the tofu for chicken or pork strips. If you do substitute the tofu for meat, ensure you cook the meat through thoroughly.
Keto Noodles Ingredients
Makes 2 servings:
- 1 pack of bare naked noodles or 1 courgette, grated or spiralised
- 1 avocado
- 200g fermented tofu (we like the Feto brand that you can find in Wholefoods and Planet Organic)
- 1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups of baby kale leaves
- 2 tbsps shelled hemp seeds
- 1 inch ginger root
- A pinch of chili flakes
- 2 tbsps coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil or cold pressed sesame seed oil for dressing
- 2 tbsps coconut oil for frying
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil on medium heat in a pan.
- Chop the ginger finely and chop the mushrooms into slices.
- Fry the ginger, mushrooms and chili flakes in the oil.
- Slice the fermented tofu into cubes and add them to the pan with the baby kale. Allow to saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the noodles and add into the pan and gently stir until heated through.
- Slice the avocado.
- Serve the noodles with the avocado and a sprinkling of shelled hemp seeds and sesame seed oil. Garnish with salt, pepper and coconut aminos to taste.
- Enjoy your keto noodles!
Macros per Serving:
Carbs: 14 (including carbs from fibre)
Top Tip: If you are following a ketogenic diet for weight loss, then we recommend decreasing the amount of added oil. This way, you’ll achieve ketosis by burning your own body fat for energy if you’re on a caloric deficit. Find out how to lose weight on keto here.